December 08, 2011
ARRIVE ALIVE – DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE
Many thanks to the Wood Buffalo RCMP for sharing this information.
- Designate a responsible person to be the sober driver.
- Take a taxi or another form of public transportation.
- Leave your vehicle overnight. Some places have services where they drive your vehicle home.
- Utilize courtesy vehicles or shuttle services if available.
- Be a good friend. Ensure those around you don’t drink and drive.
What to do if you Witness a Suspected Impaired Driver:
- Always maintain a safe distance from any driver you suspect might be impaired.
- Record the vehicle’s description (make, model, and color), vehicle license plate, direction of travel, description of the driver, and vehicle’s driving pattern.
- When safe to do so, dial 911 or call your local police service directly. Never try to apprehend the impaired driver yourself.